Immigration advice

Home>Topics>Immigration advice
Immigration advice2019-08-15T14:15:13+01:00

What you need to know

For immigration advice, you must use a trained adviser who is registered with OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner).
You could use a specialist immigration solicitor, although some advice organisations also have OISC registered advisers who work for them.

Immigration advisers are only allowed to give you advice on things they’re qualified to help you with. They must be qualified either to Level 1,2 or 3:

  • Level 1 (advice and assistance): entry clearance, leave to remain, citizenship
  • Level 2 (casework): asylum claims, problems with visas
  • Level 3 (advocacy and representation): immigration tribunals

You will usually have to pay for Immigration Advice if it is not to do with asylum – i.e. to obtain travel documents, settlement or to bring a partner or spouse to the UK.

This includes Spouse visas and visas for other family members.

In This Section

Last Updated: 15 August 2019

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Go to Top