Help for my family

Home>Topics>Help for my family
Help for my family2019-08-15T14:15:12+01:00

What you need to know

If you are caring for a family member, of any age, there are services in Leeds that can support you.

This includes support if you are having a baby and routine childcare, for example, to look after your child while you are working.

It also includes more specialist support for children or adults who have needs because of a medical condition, disability or their age.

In the UK, a person who looks after another person for free is sometimes called a “Carer” or an “unpaid carer.”

Where you need to go

If someone in your family needs extra help (because of a medical condition, disability or their age) or you need extra help to look after them, you should contact Leeds City Council, and tell them you need an “assessment of need”.

Health & Social Care

P: 0113 222 4401 (to discuss an adult who needs extra help)
P: 0113 222 4403 (to discuss a child who needs extra help)

In This Section

Last Updated: 15 August 2019

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Go to Top