Who produced this guide?
The content of this guide was developed in collaboration with refugees in Leeds between 2015 and 2018, and was inspired by Belfast Council’s Refugee Transition Guide, published in 2014; Leeds Asylum Seekers Support Network’s Refugee Transition Guide, published in 2010-2014, as well as a Refugee Information Pack published by the British Refugee Council in 2015.
This guide was written by Fahreen Syeda of Leeds City Council, Zoe Ward of Touchstone’s Migrant Access Project Plus and Jon Beech of Leeds Asylum Seekers’ Support Network.
It was funded and resourced by Leeds City Council and National Lottery Reaching Communities Programme.
It was designed by Ben and the team at Totaal.
Massive thanks to everyone who contributed to making of this guide, who sat through the planning meetings and the focus groups; who scribbled on post-it notes, and offered encouragement; who forgave the missed deadlines and kept believing this Guide would get written.
And finally, particular thanks to Pria Bhabra and Samantha Powell at Leeds City Council Communities Team for making this happen.
This website has not been updated since September 2019. The site is now owned and managed by Leeds City Council. Touchstone and LASSN are no longer involved in the maintenance and upkeep of this site.
Sharing and copyright
The text of Leeds Refugee Transition Guide, published by Leeds City Council is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license.
This means you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the text in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the text
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the text for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the text, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
The photos used on this website may not be used without the express prior permission of the people who took them. They are not published under a Creative Commons license, and standard copyright laws apply.
The photos are used with the kind permission of Ali Amiri, Dave Camp, Emily Stevenson, Karl Wilson, Leticia, Mat Dale, Peter Chan, Pete from Photosymbols.com, Ryan Butland, and Zoe Ward
If you wish to use one of the photos on this site, please contact us directly.